Monday, October 27, 2008

My Hair, Our Papa Bear, and the Big State Fair!




Another new do! Although I STILL get complaints from ward members for cutting my long hair, I've gone even shorter! The only rumor that I wish to dispel is that short hair is "easier to do". Such is not the case for me. To actually get my thickness of a mane to shape takes more time than I ever invested with the long locks. Don't get me wrong, a long time for me is like more than 5 minutes. I've worked out a sleep on the wet hair system though which has simplified the process. Wasn't sure I really liked it at first but it's growing on me! ...pun intended :)


My Dad, Papa Steve, used his vacation time to come and visit us Texans! He is a man of ambition, fun, curiosity, and tenderness. His ability to enjoy simple things, his attention to detail, and appreciation for history, make him the perfect sight seeing companion! And boy, did we see some sights! What a gift to have had that time time with him...sweet memories that will last forever. We love you!

One of our stops was Dallas/Ft. Worth- Our hopeful cheering sadly turned to admitted defeat for our Cougars at the TCU game... but we headed to "the biggest state fair in the country" and were thrilled to see our PIG pull out back to back come-from-behind wins...and let me tell you, we were a cheerin!


That State fair was as Texas as it gets...everything big, friendly, country and fun! Finally, close to closing time, we decided it was time we ought to head home...

15 comments:

Sally F said...

What a fun post! You know I love your hair! That Cougar game still bugs me, though. Ugh.

Amanda said...

HOT, HOT, HOT!!! Love the hair! You're right, too, about the short hair. It does take a little more work--but I hate that when my hair is long, it's ALWAYS up in a ponytail. When it's short, it's easier to make mine look like it's styled.

And, yes, that TCU game was such a disappointment! I wanted to cry. Glad you had fun at the fair, though!

rachel said...

Sara, your hair is so chic! I love it!!
Looks like a fun visit from your pops.

Ashley said...

Love your hair! So fun. My hair is the same way. I just chopped 5 inches off but they spent more time thinning it out!
I'm glad you got to enjoy the state fair! I Loved going to it growing up!

Brianne & Jarod said...

I am with ya on the short hair thing! I think that it looks FANTASTIC on you, but know how long it takes to do when you have a thick head of hair!! (and due to my cocker spaniel type curl...it makes it even worse!!) What I LOVE most is the shirt you are wearing that brings out the aweswome color of your eyes! Looks like you had a GREAT time with your family :)

p.s. Here is a clue: I did VOTE but not for Mccain or Obama.. :)

Kinzie Sue said...

I'm lovin' the hair too! We were at the BYU v. TCU game too and went away disappointed as well :(

Margaret said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair! SO cute!

The Petterssons said...

Cute haircut (I'm Jenessa's friend)!

Kelli W. said...

Fun post! I love your new look! The girls are so adorable that any photo or video is precious! You and Spencer are both looking so svelt!

Caralee said...

Your hair is always beautiful, no matter how you cut it. Did you go to that crazy fun salon again? :) I'm glad you guys got to do some fun things on the trip so that the BYU loss didn't make it all bad!

Lakes are Great said...

I LOVE the blog overload! And of course I LOVE your hair. I always LOVE your hair. Long, short, curly, straight. You are just the best.

Clean Cut said...

Sara, yes, is looking svelt. Not me. :)

SusieQ said...

Sara, you're GORGEOUS no matter how your hair is...but I do LOVE your short hair!

Unknown said...

Love you to, with or without short hair.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Yea yea, you're okay, but those pigs!!!!! Awesome! :)