Monday, January 14, 2008

My first Miracle


I could never thank all the people who have touched my life. I am so grateful that Father doesn't just ask us to come to this earth and fend for ourselves, but rather share with, learn from and depend on each other. Isn't that the true beauty of friendship, love and families?
Today I was thinking of a widowed sister I met a few years ago who shared with me her dealing with the loss of her lifelong sweetheart. She seemed like an angel to me as she shared her sweet memories and testified of the reality of a reunion with her love. She made an impression on my spirit that I still have today. All of us have had many experiences like these, where another individual has helped change us, make us better than we could've been in our own world. And as I start the adventure of listing some of my daily miracles I begin with YOU, the people who have crossed my path. I couldn't have done this life (or the next) without you! It is a miracle not only what you have done for me in my life, but what we all can do, daily for eachother. I consider myself lucky to be on earth with such amazing people, one of Heaven's greatest gifts.

"It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship,... All day long we are, in some degree, helping each other to one or other of these destinations. It is in the light of these overwhelming possibilities, it is with the awe and the circumspection proper to them, that we should conduct all our dealings with one another, all friendships, all loves, all play, all politics. There are no 'ordinary' people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilisations -- these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub and exploit -- immortal horrors or everlasting splendours. This does not mean that we are to be perpetually solemn. We must play. But our merriment must be of that kind (and it is, in fact, the merriest kind) which exists between people who have, from the outset, taken each other seriously -- no flippancy, no superiority, no presumption."
--C. S. Lewis, From The Weight of Glory.

My Miracle today, YOU

6 comments:

rachel said...

If only I could keep this perspective all day, every day.
What an awesome quote from CS Lewis.
Your posts are so heartfelt, Sara.

Amanda said...

What a beautiful perspective. Now, if someone could burn that into my brain so I would consistently act accordingly, that would be great!

I was thinking about you today and a line from "Ever After" popped into my head...it's something like, "How in the world do you manage to live every day with such conviction?" You really do live life with such passion! It's such an inspiration. Thank you!

Eme said...

...So I felt inclined to peak at your blog today (a frequently rare occassion:) and I am glad that I did! As I have recently commenced the somewhat insurmountable task of collaging (i.e., dare I say "scrapbooking" :) the precious eighteen months of my life known as a mission, my mind constantly ponders upon similar thoughts. How blessed I have been to make the acquaintances of such choice children of our Heavenly Father! I pray daily that they feel equally about me.
P.S. Thanks for laboring in that awesome journey with me, Molly:)

JAMIE said...

I was thinking how I would feel if something ever happened to steve I would literally die. WHen you left, seth and jake were here. Now that they are gone as well, I am so completely sad that my family is not here. Eternity right?

H-less said...

Eme- I have no words for you girl. Surely you know how much I love you. I need you to have a blog.

Eme said...

...So I have been told:) Unfortunately, I don't know if I would be able to do it justice, because of the crazy time constraints that grad school currently imposes. Perhaps someday...:) In the meantime, I'll just sit back and enjoy the musings of other spiritual geniuses;)