Friday, February 22, 2008

Headbands, Food Processors and Our Digestive System

Headbands-A great encouragement when you don't do your hair. Last night I went to sleep with wet, uncombed hair. I woke up this morning and without even combing my hair, pulled it back into a ponytail and threw on a head band. Some luscious lip gloss and a quick coat of mascara- and we're out the door. I don't know how it works but the headband actually seems to hide the fact that your hair is untouched and womped. Here's to headbands and feeling better than frumpy...You deserve one!

Food Chopper- While there are many purposes for these, my recent engagement has been to feed my 7 month old. Let me just tell you how fun it is (and how much money you will save) making your own baby food. Sure I have bought baby food for outings, traveling and just plain convenience. But l love making up my own. It's so easy, so affordable. You start simple with plain steamed veggies or fruit, mix in juice, oatmeal, rice, flax seed...And the mixer I have, cost around ten bucks. So happy about this one!

The best miracle of my day is Kamorah's digestive system. She was acting a little unsettled and I realized why when I changed her diaper... Amid her bowels was an aluminum foiled candy wrapper. Yep, it had worked its way all through her tiny little body. And even though I felt so badly, I cheered at her bodies capabilities to recognize this was not something worth holding onto! Yesterday Addy had snuck a candy behind the couch and left the peelings...I thought I got them all, but that's my only lead as to where she got a hold of something like that. What a miracle the digestive system is!

12 comments:

rachel said...

CHEERS to headbands! Now I want to start wearing them. What a cute post.

Lakes are Great said...

First of all I just love you and I'm so glad we became sister friends...sister's are better when they are friends!! I love that we got to talk about all the sillies in our lives just like old times. I also love imagining Addy hiding behind the couch eating candy. Funny girl. And I LOVE the headbands, on both of you! You are my favorite.

Chris & Stephanie said...

Well you are definitely lookin' HOT in the headband! I'll have to give it a try! But let's face it, most of us don't have your natural glow!! ;o)
I love to make my own baby food! I use my Vita Mix and I seriously wish I had it when my older kids were babies!
Isn't the body amazing? How great that she got that out ok, and that you were in tune enough to realize she wasn't quite right - you go, mom!

Amanda said...

Love the headband! That pic is gorgeous--and I honestly have yet to see a pic of you that isn't. And, could you an Addy look more alike? I love the part about Morah's digestion--it is a little miracle! Addy eating candy behind the couch made me laugh. Kallie's "sneaky place" is behind the rocking chair in her bedroom...and it's usually where she goes to eat forbidden candy she's managed to pilfer from somewhere.

President said...

You probably should have started the head band thing along time ago. Like I'm talking ninth grade basketball.

H-less said...

Mckay- you are so right, I definitely could have used those in 9th grade b-ball. You are too funny.

Smelsha said...

I'm glad little Ian's not the only one who's ever eaten something he shouldn't have. Thanks for posting it and making me feel I'm not alone! :)

JAMIE said...

bought the headband and it just doesn't work for me..maybe cuase my hair is short...it just looks sad

JAMIE said...

9th grade b ball...so great! Mckay knows just how to make me laugh

H-less said...

Jame-sorry the headband didn't work out. I was really pulling for it!

Brianne & Jarod said...

I am with Jamie...headbands just don't work with my shape of head...especially the kind that wrap all the way around...they just pop right off the minute I start moving! You look great in them (and anything!)..I have found some other great little "do's" that work for those rushed days.

I am AMAZED that you make your own baby food! A.M.A.Z.E.D

Glad to hear that all digestive systems are a go too..WHEW...can't wait for my "first" surprise ;)

oviya said...

Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in

and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via

email?


Food Processors