Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Power of His Love


I think I could write about this miracle everyday. I am so amazed at the power and influence of Love in our lives. Given from God and shared between mortals, love has to be the most penetrable force for good in all the earth. The most significant event of all time, Our Saviors Atonement, our greatest example- the ultimate act of perfect Love.

Nephi shares his personal witness of the supporting, leading, preserving,consuming power of Christ's love by saying:

" O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities. I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily abeset me.And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins;

nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."

"He hath filled me with HIS LOVE, even unto the consuming of my flesh".(2 Nephi 4:17-21)

I am amazed that at this moment, when I have much more need than Nephi to exclaim my own "wretchedness", I too feel consumed by the love of the Lord. In all my weakness, in all my shortcomings and disappointments... somehow I have been given such an undeserved gift- the unconditional Love of a Perfect being.

The challenge: Inviting that love to change my heart, daily. And to share, unjudgingly, part of that love with all I meet. How I wish all the worried hearts of the world could be met with His resolving, (and waiting) love.

I've sure got to do more.

3 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

I love you, Sara! Beautiful entry. It was just what I needed to read to begin my new week. Thank you!

Rebecca said...

Wow! All I can say is that this entry brought me to tears. I too am amazed by the Love our Savior has for us and feel so undeserving and blessed at the same time to recieve his forgiveness and love every day of my life. You seem to know how to speak what my heart feels. It just goes to show that we all spiritual beings having a human experience. What a gift you have to express your feelings so beautifully so that others understand and feel it too. Bless you!

Amanda said...

This is exactly what I have been thinking about for the past few weeks. It's amazing how that love comes so perfectly and in just the way that we each need on a daily basis. So beautifully put, Sara.