Friday, February 15, 2008

The Internet


The internet is definitely a miracle. Anytime I think of it, I just can't get my mind around how it can really work. We don't always have access to it, and the past few days we have been without it...both a blessing and a curse. I can hardly believe how dependent our society has become on it. I only have access to a computer when my lovey gets home from work...and since I'm usually in the thick of "home making" right then, my internet time is my late night treat. I've missed my news articles, hearing the latest from my favorite peoples blogs, and posting. But I've picked up my nearly dusted books on my end table and gotten more sleep.

Yes, the internet certainly is amazing. A "Net" for both good and evil. I am grateful to be a part of it's goodness.

3 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

Amen! Truly a blessing AND a curse! I long for an Amish lifestyle where we wouldn't have need to such a luxury, but then I'm not sure that I would WANT to leave it behind...hmmm. I would definitely love to get rid of our tv though! So much more productive I would be (ok, my husband would be)! Productivity, a miracle. heehee
Missed your usual posting! ;o)

Sally F said...

I'm amazed that I went through high school without it! I hadn't heard of email until college and it was still an odd and unusual thing. Now I hate it if I'm without it!

rachel said...

Oh yes. It truly is both a blessing and a curse. This blogging thing is getting a wee bit addicting.
Glad to have you back, my dear.

(and Sally, email came to me WAAAAY after college. Am I that much older than you?????) :(