Sunday, February 24, 2008

Helpful Co-Shoppers


So I made a special trip to Walmart for one specific item, a stair gate. After Kamorah started crawling up the stairs I figured it would be essential for her safety and my sanity. After spending some time selecting between the two options, I followed my gut...I went with the cheaper one. Thankfully, I was behind Ms. Helpful in line who proceeded to tell me about the tragic events that took place in her home thanks to the cheapness of the product I'd already loaded on the conveyer belt. To my luck, she'd already tried 3 other stair gates before finding one that her child couldn't knock over. Unfortunately, the winning gate is much more expensive and not found at my local el thrifty warehouse. So, I'll scope the internet for deals before I make my way to the Babies-R-Us... fingers crossed that it might magically be on sale.

And so, I want to say Thank You to the dear lady who checked out in front of me. Thank you for speaking up, even if the checker girl was giving you a dirty look! Thank you for sparing me the hassle you already went through.Who knows what could've happened had I purchased that false sense of security.

You saved me more than money. My little unknown friend, my miracle today. Carry on! Carry on!

10 comments:

Chris & Stephanie said...

This is great! I love people like that! Why not? Why not share your experience that you may bless another's life? I love it! Check your local Craigslist, someone may have children who have outgrown the brand you're looking for!
Best of luck!

rachel said...

Yes Yes Yes! Check Craigslist. Fabulous idea. It's my favorite shopping destination.

Sally F said...

We had a cheapy one in our apartment that kept falling down. Luckily, we didn't have stairs--it was just blocking a hallway--but I'm definitely gonna get a better one next time around.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for deals, in case craigslist doesn't come through for you. Who are we kidding? It'll come through. It has to! It's craigslist!

Ashley said...

What one did she recommend? I will be purchasing one here in a month or two. I'd love the advice!!!

Paula said...

That was really awesome of her to speak up and share her advice! I wish all people were like that!

Kelly Nordfelt said...

You gotta love nice people! They are the best. Also, your brothers are so HANDSOME! You have a beautiful family!

Ashlee said...

Thanks to that Lady and thanks to you for posting the info. Here is to hoping for a sale:)

H-less said...

P. S. She suggested something like the Evenflo Secure Step Metal Gate with a swing control for top of stairs.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2567145#prod_prodinfo

Brianne & Jarod said...

Hey Sara...

My mom has a metal gate at the top of her stairs. Although it isn't the most attractive item in her house, it is REALLY sturdy. (They actually screwed it into the wall) My mom isn't a huge fan of the way it looks, but is totally comforted by the fact that she doesn't have to worry about them breaking through, or climbing over it.

Chris & Stephanie said...

I added the verification to my comments too! Maybe it's time to go private...
Anyway, thinking about the metal gate, you could always paint it - any color you want! Just a thought!
Love ya!